Water Risk Assessments
Maintaining safe water systems is essential to ensure the health and safety of building occupants and those people in the vicinity of the building, as well as being a legal requirement. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has published guidance on the safe control of the legionella bacterium within commercial and domestic water systems. This document is called ‘Legionnaires’ Disease: The control of Legionella bacteria in water systems’ (L8).
If you are an employer, or someone in control of premises, including landlords, you must understand the health risks associated with legionella.
Our expert consultants will:
- Identify and assess the sources of risk
- Determine the measures required to manage any risks
- Highlight the measured required to prevent or control any risks
- Advise on the correct records that need to be kept
- Ensure that all other duties that the responsible person has are recorded and explained
Our water risk assessments will help you to identify potential hazards within your water systems and recommend actions to reduce the risk of legionella outbreaks. The risk assessment will include:
- The management responsibilities, including the name of the competent person and a description of the system
- Any potential risk sources
- Any controls currently in place to control risks
- Monitoring, inspection and maintenance procedures
- Records of the monitoring results and inspection and checks carried out
- A review date
All water risk assessments include a full and detailed assessment of all water related plant, including:
- Mains cold water systems
- Cold water storage
- Hot water systems (including storage cylinders)
- Supply pipework
- Pumping systems
- Shower units
- Cooling towers
- Evaporative condensers
- Air conditioning systems
- Irrigation systems
Our consultants are all qualified water safety specialists and are always on hand to provide assistance and site-specific advice.
Contact us to find out how we can help your business or premises remain safe and compliant, or to arrange a free consultation with one of our expert consultants.